Sayata | Cyber insurance web app

* Due to confidentiality, designs are presented abstractly and without actual text.


An early stage B2B startup, Sayata streamlines the quote-bind-issue process for insurance brokers and carriers to help grow their commercial book. It offers a web app product that allows users an automatic, quick and easy policy generation process, compared to the traditional processes which require bureaucracy and can take days.

The interface allows the user access to price offers by leading suppliers in the method of a smart comparison table, presenting the different quotes. As a result, the end-customers receive a premium service with the optimal coverage suitable to them, with a digital signature that saves the need for physical presence.

In my role I worked together with about 10 team mates. While cooperating with engineers, UX people, content and PMs, I characterized and designed the product UX, performing research and UX optimizations for Sayata’s product and digital tools, upgrading processes and maximizing platform accessibility and usability.


Senior product designer. UX/UX Researcher and designer


Working with PM, content, UX, and engineers


UX optimization and bridging design debt


Sayata, insurance brokers and carriers tools & solutions


Challenges and complexities

A new product, which at the time of start had a relatively low number of subscribers.
With the help of those pioneer users, we launched features and were able to conduct tests in real time, however, due to low usage and feedback, tests were very few. To date, there are over 1,000 users across 75 brokerages and carrier partners.

The system raised lots of bugs and UX was lacking, and with accumulated design debt.
The product had very frequent version uploads, once a week, which required constant response to user and bug fixes. All together with the promotion of new features.

Circumstances led to a time gap between departure of the product designer who preceded me, which caused a large deficit and lack of an adequate response to fixes and resulted in a halt in development.

Solutions and response to needs

Following a brief training on the world of cyber insurance in the US with learning the product vision and goals, I researched market competitors. I tested available technological capabilities and tested the existing product. While conducting my research, I made sure to provide a quick response to development needs, to bridge all existing gaps and deliver a satisfactory and quick response to accumulated user complaints.

Examples of components under my development:

    • Upgraded log-in processes
    • specified prompts and display of client portfolios and the processes for each client
    • Improved the process of opening a client file and displaying his requirements
    • Designed the platform’s body (header, footer, side menu etc.)
    • Characterized the insurance quote comparison display to end customer,
    • Characterized the process of binding the desired insurance into an orderly file
    • Characterized the process of client quote formulation

Iterations, characterization and specification of user processes

For each process and screen of the system I formulated a number of possible solutions. After thorough research and with a lot of trial and error, I presented a variety of options to the team and together we brainstormed and drew conclusions and action guidelines. The team discussions and reviews helped me to create a prototype designed for various end customers who then provided us with important feedback and enabled quality iterations, detection of deficiencies and requirements and providing answers and solution methods.

Customer list & status : optimization of a significant part of the system

Following the comparison of the insurances in the system, the insurance agent can submit several offers to his customers. This scenario contains multiple steps.

The problem

The customers database was presented in a limited and simple table showing the customer, date and status. The way of display did not reflect reference to all the different stages of the process in question.

The solution

I presented the problem to the team and since, incidentally, there was an accumulated burden on development, in order not to burden it further, I checked with management a possibility of introducing into our tight schedule a creation of a new design which would provide a solution together with technically relieving the development, as much as possible, and aiming to a rapid development.

The new design presented a view of the entire process from beginning to end, with a clear view of all its stages, along with the client’s status display, and with reference to other statuses and to the process’ end time. The color scheme allows easy orientation with the different levels of status and thus allows the agent, if necessary, to perform actions in real-time, such as: messaging, completing a task, sending a file etc.

The design offers reminders and notification display tfor when a status requires action by the agent. The final design was put into rapid production and was a success. The initiative and design received superlatives.